I'm excited to be participating in the blog tour for Betz White's newest book, Present Perfect! It's a great sewing book filled with a variety of projects perfect for gift giving. As we enter autumn and get closer to the holidays, this book will come in handy for all of your gift giving needs. It contains a wide variety of projects for everyone on your list - men, women, the home, babies and children!
When it came time to choose which project I wanted to make, there really wasn't a choice for me. I mean, how could I not choose the Hot Mitt House & Tea Towel set?!? I love how cute it is and how practical, too. Making and giving potholders as gifts is something I do often. They are great scrap projects and are fast to put together.
The hot mitt was a quick sew. It took me about an hour from start to finish - awesome! The tea towel took about the same amount of time. I probably could have been faster had I made quicker decisions as to what fabrics to use! Regardless of my indecision, both projects don't take a lot of fabric so there isn't a big commitment material-wise which is great when you want to make a small gift. I also loved that I was able to use some scraps and treasured bits from my stash. You could get super creative with small variations to cover almost any conceivable holiday. How about a gingerbread house for Christmas or a spooky haunted house with a fussy cut ghost or witch in the window and door for Halloween. So fun!
To learn more about Present Perfect, check out Betz's fun trailer. You can also purchase your own copy through the Interweave store or on Amazon (affiliate link). For a look at other wonderful projects from the book, follow along on the blog tour.
1. Sew Mama Sew – Make & Bake Apron excerpt – Mon, 10/6
2. Stacy Sews – Falling Leaves Appliquéd Placemats – Tue, 10/7
3. House on Hill Road – Hot Mitt House & Tea Towel Set – Wed, 10/8
4. A Happy Stitch – Sweet Life Pillow – Thu, 10/9
5. Sew Sweetness – Wool Courier Bag – Fri, 10/10
6. Raspberry Sunshine – Gentlemen’s Travel Case – Mon, 10/13
7. Pink Chalk Fabrics – Pasha Pleated Clutch – Tue, 10/14
8. The Long Thread – Eye Candy Glasses Case – Wed, 10/15
9. Made with Moxie – Cargo Tablet Sleeve – Send finished book – Thu, 10/16
10. Bijou Lovely – Coffee Cash Coin Pouch – Fri, 10/17
New and Little
11. Flax and Twine – Forest Friends Finger Puppets – Mon, 10/20
12. Imagine Gnats – Bib, Rattle & Burp Baby Set – Tue, 10/21