Thanks for all the nice comments and suggestions on my last post. I, too, had thought to put a tank top under the Wiksten Tank dress, but it still didn't work. Drat. My bet is that it will fit next summer and until then, it's mighty cozy for sleeping. Based on a couple of comments saying that the Tova is sized smaller than the tank, I went ahead and sewed the Tova dress for Kate. I cut it out and sewed most of it on day 5. On day 6, I sewed the collar on and it was done.
I did opt to make it sleeveless so it'd get some wear immediately. It was easy to do. I just bound the armholes like I did on the tank. It's still a bit roomy which is fine - she'll get to wear it throughout the entire summer.
The other change I made was to sew the bottom half of the placket closed. I thought about using buttons, but went for the easier and faster route. Based on my experience sewing these two patterns for the girls, I'm realizing that their shoulder to chest measurement is much shorter than a grown woman's. Something to consider if you plan on sewing this for a tween/teen.
So here I find myself on day 7 of the challenge. I'm completely inspired to keep sewing. Fingers crossed that I get one more garment completed for Jane today. I'd love to keep going with some things for myself. I sometimes forget that sewing clothes can be fun once you have a few go-to patterns. The selfish sewing won't happen this week, though. I have to clean up my mess before my houseguests get here on Wednesday.
Happy sewing, you all. Check out the KCWC flickr pool for tons more inspiration!